2021 Cold Kiwi Postponed

Updated: Aug 30


UPDATED: It’s not the news many had hoped for, but the Ruapehu Motorcycle Club has officially announced that the annual Cold Kiwi Motorcycle Rally has been postponed due to the latest COVID-19 outbreak.

Announced on the official Facebook page after the New Zealand government announced the extension of Level 4 Covid alert levels, the postponement comes after last years Rally was cancelled due to an outbreak as well.

“The 2021 Cold Kiwi has officially been POSTPONED due to the community outbreak of Covid19,” the announcement read.


”We MUST be in level 1 to be allowed to hold the rally and as that is extremely unlikely by the time of the rally, it has basically been taken out of our hands and we cannot go ahead for the time being.


Please bear with us as we work with the farm owner to organise a new date.”


While the new date for the Cold Kiwi sees the event moved to November 12-14, the club advised those who had already pre-paid for tickets and wish to get a refund to contact the club via the coldkiwi.co.nz website.

Thankfully, unlike last year the 2021 Cold Kiwi is set to still go ahead so long as alert levels drop to Level 1 before November. However, as the above rescheduled date is the only other time the Rally can be held in 2021 if NZ is not back to Alert Level 1 by then the event will sadly be cancelled again.


I think I speak for all of us when I say I certainly hope we’re out if this outbreak by then!